The Graduate Admissions Committee reviews each applicant's interest, aptitude, and potential for achievement in graduate studies. The structure of the programs lends itself both to recent college graduates and to professionals looking to pursue graduate studies.
All applicants should possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. Before an applicant is evaluated, he or she must submit:
- a completed application form;
- an official transcript from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended, showing completion of a baccalaureate degree and graduate courses for transfer consideration (up to 9 credits);
- A personal interview with the director of the graduate program, if required;
- letters of recommendation from instructors or supervisors
- a photocopy of teaching certification, if applicable;
- a professional résumé, if applicable;
- a non-refundable application fee of $35.
The application form and all supporting documents should be submitted to the Graduate Office at least three weeks prior to the date of final registration in the session or semester in which the applicant seeks to enroll. Written notice of the action of the Graduate Admissions Committee will be sent to each applicant.
At the applicant's request, an interview can be scheduled to answer any questions he or she may have concerning the graduate programs. Additionally, once accepted, students are encouraged to arrange for an interview to design the program of study.
King's College does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, creed, sex, or physical handicap. Admission is based solely upon an applicant's qualifications and ability to meet the established admission requirements.
International students who wish to apply to the graduate programs in education must meet all of the admission requirements listed above. An interview with the director of the program is also required. Proficiency in both written and spoken English is required for admission. Applicants whose native language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency before being considered for admission (please see graduate education handbook for specific details).