Achievement Plus is designed to assist first generation students whose financial resources to attend college are limited. This program assists highly-motivated students who show the potential to succeed in college but may need support mastering the academic rigors and building self-confidence. This is a structured program of tutoring, counseling, financial assistance, career guidance and advisement. There is no entry fee, no participation fee, and no exit fee.
Achievement Plus is intended to serve individuals who:
- Have SAT or ACT scores that do not attain achievement levels according to grade reports.
- Have low to average SAT scores while attempting a difficult curriculum; i.e. Pre-Med, MS PA, Education, Athletic Training, or Accounting.
- Are returning to college after several years' absence.
- Have a vocational or non-traditional rather than a college preparatory background.
- Are transferring from a two-year post secondary institution.