International students have the opportunity to be one of the first groups of students to arrive on campus. Arriving early will give you additional days to settle into your housing, navigate your way around campus, learn critical information that will help you acclimate to your life in the U.S., as well as understand the academic expectations at King’s College. The International Student Registration and Orientation is a great way for new international students to feel welcome and get started on your King’s experience!
Summer 2017 International Student Orientation
Welcome to King’s College! The mandatory international registration and orientation will be held on Wednesday, June 7th, Thursday, June 8th, and Friday, June 9th. There will also be a mandatory T-spot test Monday, June, 12th. All students need to arrive and register on campus Wednesday, June 7th by 12:30 pm in the Sheehy-Farmer Student Center and pick up your orientation packet. All students are encouraged to arrive in Wilkes-Barre by Tuesday, June 6th.
NOTE: Registration and orientation is required for all new international students.
Please be sure to bring the following items with you to registration/orientation:
- Your passport
- I-20 form
- F-1 Visa
- I-94 card
- Proof of health insurance
- Immunization (vaccine) Form
- Health History Form (required for students living on campus)
Important Dates You Need to Know:
- Monday, June 5th, Tuesday, June 6th or Wednesday, June 7th – These are the ONLY dates students who need housing can arrive on campus between 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. If you need housing, please make arrangements as soon as possible by calling: 001-570-208-5856 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, June 7th - Mandatory registration and orientation for all new international students begins. You must arrive by 12:30 pm on Wednesday, June 7th in the Sheehy-Farmer Student Campus Center.
- Monday, June 12th - First Day of Classes – all international students must attend each class listed on their schedules.
Prior to International Student Orientation:
A letter will be sent to new international students who submitted their enrollment deposit. This letter will provide more detailed information explaining how to access the New Student Portal where you are required to complete the following:
- Establish and update your password in the New Student Portal.
- Complete the required New Student Questionnaire.
- Complete the required Placement Tests*.
- Complete the required Student Health Forms.
- Access your King's E-mail.
All tasks listed above must be completed BEFORE a student's class schedule can be created. The deadline date to complete these tasks in the New Student Portal is:
- Monday, May 15, 2017 for international students starting classes in the Summer Semester.
- Monday, June 5, 2017 for international students starting classes in the Fall Semester.
- Monday, December 11, 2017 for international students starting classes in the Spring Semester.
*Students will not be registered for classes until they complete their placement tests. Delaying completion of the Placement Tests will limit the class options available to you. Accommodations, such as extra time, can be arranged by contacting the Academic Skills Center (570)-208-5841 prior to a student attempting the placement test(s) online.
Fall 2017 International Student Orientation
The mandatory international registration and orientation will be held on Wednesday, August 23rd. All students need to arrive and register on campus Wednesday, August 23rd by 10:00 am in the Sheehy-Farmer Student Center and pick up your orientation packet. All students are encouraged to arrive in Wilkes-Barre by Tuesday, August 22nd.
After the day of specialized orientation, international students will join all new King’s students for several days of further orientation, advisements, and integration into the community.