Apply to Study English at UCEDA School

International Undergraduate Admission

 to complete your international application.

As you work on your application, be sure to have the following information with you:

  • English proficiency exam: Results from official TOEFL, IELTS or other approved English proficiency examination.
  • Immigration Status: Be prepared to answer questions relating to your current or anticipated visa type.
  • Academic records: Provide complete, official academic records from secondary schools (equivalent to high school education in the U.S.) and post-secondary schools.
  • Statement of purpose: In 250 words or less, share with the Admission Committee how you first became interested in King’s College and what you hope to gain through your study here.
  • Application Fee: If you use a paper application, you must submit a $35.00 US non-refundable application fee; this fee is waived if you apply online.

For technical support with the online application, please visit our IITS Contacts.

Secondary School

Applicants must complete at least 12 years of elementary through secondary school, culminating in an appropriate secondary certificate or external examination. Grades must be distinctly above average. We may consider the first year or two of university or college in some countries to be secondary level.

Applicants graduating from accredited high schools outside the U.S. must have a minimum GPA of 2.25 (on a 4.00 scale). Your schooling should include preparation in humanities, mathematics, basic sciences and social science.

College or University Transfer

International transfer applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) in at least one full year of study at a recognized or accredited post-secondary school. You will be notified if any additional documents are needed to review your application.

Transferring from a U.S. institution? Submit your

English Proficiency

There are a variety of ways to satisfy the English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirement at King’s College. You may take an approved English language proficiency examination, you may qualify for a waiver, or you may complete language instruction at an approved English Language Instruction Center. You decide which option is best for you and provide us with the documents.

Approved English Language Proficiency Exams

TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is administered by Educational Testing Services (ETS) and Official Score reports must be submitted directly to King’s College from the testing agency and must be less than 3 years old.

To satisfy the English Language Proficiency King’s College requires a minimum Computer Based Test (CBT) of 213, Internet Based Test (iBT) of 33 or Paper Based Test (PBT) of 407.

IELTS (International English Language Testing System): King’s College requires a minimum score of 5.5 (5.5 for the Master of Healthcare Administration Program, 6.5 for the Master of Education Program) to satisfy the English Language Proficiency requirement.

For international applicants to the Graduate Division for the English as a Second Language Certificate Program the following is required: to take, and pass, the ACTFL English Language OPI test.

SAT: King’s College requires a Critical Reading Sub Score of 500 to satisfy the English Language Proficiency requirement.

All test scores must be submitted directly to King’s College from the testing agency and must be less than 3 years old.

English Language Proficiency Waiver Options

Waiver Option A.: You have attended a U.S. high school that is regionally accredited in the U.S. for 3 or more years with a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 (on a 4 point scale).

Waiver Option B.: You have attended a U.S. regionally accredited college/university and have completed English 101 and 102 with a minimum 3.0 for each course and have 30 semester transferrable credits.

Waiver Option C.: You have attended a U.S. regionally accredited college/university and have completed an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum GPA of 2.5.

Waiver Option D.: You are a native of one of the following countries: Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, British Guyana, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Jamaica, Liberia, New Zealand, Trinidad, Tobago or Zambia.

Approved English Language Instruction Center or Alternative Program

If you do not meet the minimum language proficiency requirements, you may be able to attend the following approved language program. *Note: You must apply to this program separately from King’s College.

The UCEDA School program is located on our campus in Wilkes-Barre. Once you complete Level 3 of the UCEDA program, you will have met King’s College’s English proficiency requirement. Learn more about UCEDA School by visiting their website here.

Conditional admission may be offered to students who meet all of King’s admission requirements, except the language requirement. Upon successful completion of the Uceda program, conditionally admitted students will then become fully admitted to King’s College. To receive Conditional Admission, you must apply to, and be admitted by, both King’s College and Uceda School.


Along with the admission application, you will need to submit the

 to demonstrate that you have adequate financial resources to meet your educational expenses.

King’s College requires that all F-1 visa status applicants submit evidence of adequate financial support to cover costs of attendance for at least one full year of studies. This support may be provided through any combination of personal or sponsored funds. Download the Declaration of Finances Certificate form and mail, email or fax to the Office of International Student Recruitment:

FAX: 570-208-8027


MAIL: Office of International Student Recruitment, King’s College, 133 North River Street, Wilkes Barre, PA 18711 USA

*Note: Materials sent to King’s College will not be returned.

If supported by personal and/or family funds, you must submit signed Declaration of Finances and original bank letter reflecting an available bank balance equal to or greater than $50,000US. Personal bank and sponsor letters should be signed or stamped by the bank/sponsor official and may be sent via mail, fax or email. These letters cannot be older than three months from the date of application. If sponsored by a government, educational institution or official agency, submit an official letter reflecting the scholarship is valid for use at King’s College. Please understand that you are responsible for all payments to the college, even if you are sponsored by your government or other agency.

Estimated Cost of Attendance for 2016-2017


Tuition - Full-Time Standard Course Load

per semester

per year


Part Time

$550 per credit hour

Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Cert

$240 per credit hour

Graduate Professional Development

$720 per course

Graduate Program

$735 per credit hour

Physician Assistant Program

$38,964 per year (12 months)

Medical Technology Program

$13,115 per clinical year

Student Activity Fee

$300 per academic year

Technology Fee

$150 per academic year

Additional expenses (estimated):
  • Spouse: $10,000
  • One child:  $7,000
  • Two + children: $6,000/child

*Note: This budget is based on 12-18 credits per semester for resident students. Costs are anticipated to increase for 2017-2018.

Transcript Evaluation

The student must provide complete, official academic records from secondary and post-secondary schools. Records should include courses taken, grade4s received and degrees or certificates earned. Secondary school transcripts-if not originally in English- must not only be translated into English, but also evaluated for U.S. credit. King’s College recommends translations and evaluations be performed by an approved credentialing service agency, such as World Education Services (WES) or Education Credential Evaluations (ECE). Other reputable agencies can be found on the NACES website.

The most commonly used evaluation services include:


Submit a copy of the identity page of your passport. If you will be accompanied by dependents (spouse or child) you must provide a copy of each person’s passport identity page.

International I-20 Transfer Students

Transferring to King’s College: The term “transfer” only applies to students who come to King’s College from another U.S. college, university, high school or from a language program under F-1 status. Obtain a copy of the

Transfer Eligibility

  • You must currently be maintaining lawful F-1 status.
  • You must request that your SEVIS record be transferred to King’s College within the 60-day period following your last date of attendance, Optional Practical Training, or authorized vacation of your last attendance at the previous school.

If you have violated the terms of your current F-1 status, you will need to depart the U.S. to make a new entry with an initial attendance I-20.

Immigration reinstatement is only possible if your failure to maintain status resulted from circumstances beyond your control. Contact the International Student Advisor at your current school as soon as possible to discuss your situation.

Transfer Procedure

Transferring from a U.S. institution? Submit your

Step 1: Fill out and submit the I-20 transfer form to your previous school’s SEVIS officer. King’s College cannot issue you an I-20 until your SEVIS record is released.

Step 2:  King’s College will issue a new I-20.

Step 3: Attend the New Student International Orientation at King's College and complete the Immigration check-in. If you miss the check-in during the orientation, you must report to the Office of International Student Recruitment as soon as you arrive to King’s.

Sponsored Students

A sponsored student is any student who has a scholarship from their home university, home embassy, a company or U.S. government agency.

Highlighted Sponsors:

Services for the Sponsor

  • Act as a liaison between King’s College, the students and sponsoring agency
  • Prepare and mail billing statements each semester
  • Allow extra time in making tuition payments when necessary
  • Provide sponsoring agencies with reports on academic progress upon request
  • Provide transcripts each semester upon request
  • Provide specialized orientation programming

Important Out of Status Warning: If you fail to complete the Immigration Check-in within 15 days of the beginning of classes, you will be considered out of status.

If you have questions regarding the I-20 transfer process, please contact the Office of International Student Recruitment by calling 570-208-8401 or emailing