Students must earn at least 60 credits from Notre Dame to receive the Notre Dame degree, and must earn at least 60 credits from King’s to receive the King’s degree. Since some of the courses taken at Notre Dame will fulfill King’s degree requirements, students will be conferred their degree from King’s upon successful completion of the program at Notre Dame.
King's students in the 3+2 program will transfer to The University of Notre Dame in one of seven engineering tracks – Aerospace, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering – and will receive a B.S. from King's in the disciplines specified below:
B.S. Physics from King's:
- Aerospace Engineering track
- Mechanical Engineering track
- Civil Engineering track
- Electrical Engineering track
B.S. Chemistry from King's:
- Chemical Engineering track
B.S. Computer Science from King's:
- Computer Engineering Track
B.S. Environmental Science from King's:
- Environmental Engineering track
Applying to Notre Dame
Students applying for transfer admission to the University of Notre Dame must have satisfied King's College academic guidelines, as well as the following criteria:
* Students with a grade-point average between a 3.0 and 3.3 are encouraged to apply to Notre Dame, and will be considered if they have a strong recommendations from the program director and the relevant department chair.
Academic standing within the engineering program will be reviewed each semester by the Program Director. Admission to the University of Notre Dame requires a minimum GPA of 3.30 after five semesters of college study at King’s College. Students will be reviewed to monitor academic progress, provide tutoring and mentoring, make students aware of opportunities to study at University of Notre Dame, maintain interest and enthusiasm in their course of study, and to discuss academic alternatives for those who may fail to maintain the required GPA or prescribed course of study.
The Minimum Progression Requirements include:
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
||Overall GPA||Pre-Eng GPA*||Overall GPA||Pre-Eng GPA*|
Note - No course grade may be lower than a C in order to transfer to Notre Dame
* Pre-Eng GPA: based on grades in engineering, computer science, mathematics, chemistry and physics courses required by the 3+2 curriculum