To complete the Study Abroad application process, you must submit the following:
- Required documents and forms (available in the Office of Study Abroad)
- Online application (available below)
In order to complete the online application, you need to have the following information ready (Please be accurate and complete all required fields … you will not be able to save the online application).
- Your legal name (as it appears on your passport), birthplace, and addresses;
- Your King's College Student ID number;
- Which program abroad you are applying for and what credit you anticipate from this program (e.g., major, minor, CORE, elective);
- Your GPA; majors/minors; and the number of academic credits you have completed, including transfer credits;
- Transcript (It is acceptable to upload unofficial transcript from Webadvisor. High School transcripts are acceptable from first-year students; a transcript from another college is acceptable for transfer students.);
- Passport number and expiration date (Passport must be valid for at least 6 months after commencement of travel abroad. If new passport is needed, please visit https://www.usps.com/international/passports.htm);
- Emergency contact information for two people;
- Dietary, medical, and learning needs;
- Contact information for three references; and
- A 250-word application essay discussing (FIMRC Ecuador Applicants: please refer to essay instructions in your application packet!):
- why you wish to participate in this program;
- your academic goals for the program; and
- how these goals fit with your future professional and personal plans.
(We recommend that you compose and save this essay elsewhere and copy it into the online application.)
Your signature below verifies the following:
- I have completed the necessary prerequisites to enroll in this course.
- Study Abroad programs require that all applicants and participants are in good academic and disciplinary standing at the College. I authorize the Director of Study Abroad and the Faculty Director of this program access to my academic and disciplinary records.
- I authorize the Faculty Director of this program to register me, upon acceptance, for the above listed study abroad program.
- I understand that I must submit an application deposit to the Office of Study Abroad (OSA) by the application deposit deadline. The application deposit is non-refundable, once I am admitted into this program, and will be applied toward the total Program Fee. All further payments must be submitted to the OSA according to the published payment schedule. I understand that all cancellations must be made in writing by the published cancellation deadline.
- I have read, understood, and will abide by the terms of the Policies and Procedures included with this application.
- I understand that the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, affords students the right to authorize the release of education information to third parties. I also understand that studying abroad may involve circumstances which require the institution to release certain information to third parties, but for which it may be difficult to obtain my written permission. For this reason, I herewith authorize College officials to release my education information to parties who, in their judgment, have an interest in the study abroad contemplated by this document, provided that those officials, in their judgment, are acting in my interests as well. This authorization is valid from the time I submit this signed document to the Study Abroad Office through a period of one semester after my program abroad ends.