The William G. McGowan School of Business offers students a program of study leading to a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.B.A.) degree. Within the program of study students may select from the following majors: Accounting, Management, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources Management, and International Business.
- Every student is required to take an integrated curriculum of liberal arts courses in addition to his or her major courses within the program of study leading to the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree (BSBA). The BSBA degree also provides students with the opportuity select elective courses permiting students to double major or minor in other majors within the School of Business or from the other majors or minors offered in the College.
- The William G. McGowan of King’s College is accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
AACSB International advances quality management education worldwide through accreditation, thought, leadership, and value-added services. AACSB Accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Less than 5% of the world’s 13,000 business programs have earned AACSB Accreditation.
AACSB-accredited schools produce graduates that are highly skilled and more desirable to employers than other non-accredited schools. Employers want quality business graduates from quality business schools—graduates they know will perform on day one. This is why it is so important for the William G. McGowan School of Business to be an AACSB accredited business degree program that teaches students the knowledge and skills employers require.
First accredited in 2004, maintaining accreditation requires following a rigorous set of standards and a reaccreditation visit every five years. King’s College has been awarded a five-year extension of its AACSB accreditation with the next reaccreditation visit scheduled for the 2018 – 2019 academic year.
Going to college is a big investment. Students are going to spend hours studying, writing papers, and taking exams. You also are also going to spend a lot of money. All that work and money should give students what you paid for, right?
Not all schools will provide you a return on your investment. AACSB Accreditation ensures a school isn't just collecting tuition. AACSB-accredited schools must pass very rigorous quality standards. They have been proven to provide the best in business education worldwide.
AACSB Accreditation ensures that a school is teaching a student what employers need—the latest ideas in business, theories, and practical skills; the ability to communicate effectively; professionalism, ethics, and responsibility; the understanding of financial markets and accounting regulations, and more.
- are recognized worldwide by top employers and other universities.
- have employers that only hire their graduates.
- have more access to recruiters.
- have graduates that receive higher, more competitive salaries.
- say being accredited improves the quality of their business programs.
- say being accredited helps them hire and retain the best professors and researchers.
- have students that are more international, have high-graduating GPAs, and are likely to earn higher levels of education.
- are challenging and will teach you the best skills to give you a distinct advantage in the real world.
Learn more about the value of AACSB International accreditation as it relates to your future plans at www.bestbizschools.com where you can obtain the above information along with information on other areas including careers and employer information.